Librarian at College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti, www.coeikere.edu.ng july 2013 immediate career nigeria
This is to inform members of the general public particularly suitably qualified candidates that the position of the College Librarian, College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti is vacant. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of the College Librarian, College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
The College Librarian shall be responsible to the Provost for the administration of the College Library and the coordination of the library services in the teaching units of the college.
Qualifications and Experience
The criteria to be met by candidates for the post of College Librarian are as follows:
- Must possess a good honours degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division and Masters Degree in Library or Information Science or related field from recognized University.
- Possession of Ph.D will be an advantage.
- Must be professionally qualified and practicing Librarian.
- Must be able to provide sound academic and administrative leadership.
- Must have demonstrable competence in Information Communication Technology with reference to the Library.
- Must have at least (15) years of relevant experience, five (5) years of which must have been spent at the Senior Management level in a College of Education or other institutions of higher learning.
- Must have strong proof of a continuous research with appreciable evidence of scholarly publications both in quality and quantum in reputable international and national journals.
- Should not be below the rank of Deputy College Librarian.
Conditions of Service
The salaries and allowances attached to the post are attractive and conform with what is payable to College Librarian of Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
The tenure of office of the College Librarian is five (5) years in the first instance and renewable for another term of five (5) years.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae plus two (2) passport photographs and fifteen (15) photocopies of their educational/professional credentials. Soft copy of the documents should also be forwarded to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org . The Curriculum Vitae should contain the following information among others.
(a) Full Name-Surname Underlined
(b) Place and Date of birth
(c) Town/Local Government/State of Origin
(e) Current Postal Address
(f) E-mail address and Phone numbers
(g) Marital Status
(h) Educational Institutions attended with dates
(i) Academic/Professional qualifications obtained (with dates)
(j) Name(s) and address(es) of previous employer(s)
(k) Status/Post held and Date
(l) Name and Address of present employer
(m) Administrative perience
(n) Details of research work and publications (Attach evidence where applicable)
(o) Extra -Curricular activities
(p) Present Salary
(q) Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
Applicants should request their referees to forward their reports directly under confidential cover to the Registrar, before the closing date.
Submission of Applications
All applications in sealed envelopes with the post indicated at the top hand corner of the envelope should be addressed to:
The Registrar and secretary to Council,
College of Education,
All applications should be submitted to the above addressed not later than 2nd August 2013.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.